Saturday, June 16, 2007

Mr Wang, Mrs Li and Miss Zhang.....

...these are the surnames shared by about 85% of the chinese population, meaning about 291 million, I recently read in a newspaper article. If you happen to know the 100 most popular names in China you can already greet around 1.1 billion Chinese correctly - WOW, that's hard to digest - can you picture all the confusion and cases of mistaken identities?
You gain the impression that I am a bit bored for posting such highly important messages - well, you might be right. I am battling a nasty cold and try to do everything to get back on track until tuesday which is dragonboat raceday. The weather forecast announced 28-33 degrees with sunny skies and if I don't manage to get fit by then I can't row :-( Keep your fingers crossed...over n out

No comments: